Pamir Roof Level 1 – Online student led:
Scope: This student led course is intended for users having little or no experience in running the MiTek software suite. Its aim is to cover in general terms all aspects associated with the usage of MBA and Pamir in roof situations. It is structured for self paced learning to suit both designers and estimators. A summary assignment upload are used to gauge knowledge, understanding and ability to use the points covered.
Delivery: Self teach, using screen presentation materials and documentation that will be provided via a download link following enrolment.
- Completion of the Introduction to Trusses course or a minimum of three months’ prior hands on roof design experience
- MBA, Navigation and control options
- Linking from MBA, Understanding the user interface and using the control options.
- Full program overview
- Building, surface and frame entry, 2D and 3D interaction, frame design and output.
- Layout view.
- Building entry and modification
- Surface entry and modification including raised ties and dormers
- Automatic framing tools
- Manual frame entry and modification
- Attic roof entry with openings.
- Creating section views to assist detailing and design.
- Frame view
- Frame selection
- Design principles and results.
- Editing single and multiple frames for design and production.
- Manual roof framing and reinforcement utilising 2D, 3D and frame view interactions.
- Adding ancillary items
- Adding and modifying, automatic and manual bracing and metalwork.
- Creating output
- Creating working drawings via templates
- Adding details using general drawing tools.
- Exporting from Pamir as PDF, DXF, DWG, Viewer and 3D Models.