Pamir Posi Joist – Online student led:
Scope: This student led course is intended for users who are already familiar with the MiTek MBA and Pamir software. Its aim is to cover in general terms all aspects associated with the usage of Posi Joist in floor situations and brief flat roof application with coverage of only the specific software tools required. It is structured for self paced learning to suit both designers and estimators. Quizzes and a summary assignment upload are used to gauge knowledge, understanding and ability to use the points covered.
Delivery: Self teach, using screen presentation materials and documentation that will be provided via a download link following enrolment.
- A general understanding of timber design principles such as materials, stress types, loading and design.
- Minimum of three months’ prior hands on design experience using the Pamir software or hands on access to the software with a mentor providing continuous software training assistance.
- Understanding the product
- Floor construction considerations
- Posi related project setup
- Software overview
- Building entry with associated floor surfaces
- Creating standard openings and framing openings for future lift shafts
- Using Interactive automatic framing with splits
- Adding and editing manual framing
- Changing end details and interior via the build and wall options
- Modify opening supports and framing
- Create edge framing (ring beams, rim boards, packers and noggins)
- Match webbing across joists
- Edit internal details and webbing for improved engineering
- Design joists and review the results
- Apply additional frame and layout manual loads
- Review additional loading to meet sound and fire proofing requirements
- Manually add ancillary items such as strong backs, partition and restraint noggins
- Review the Posi Joist manufacturing standard, output and installation options
- Using Posi in flat roof situations