The following schedule of in-house and online training courses, provided by MiTek will be delivered based on a minimum demand of four attendees.
We reserve the right to cancel scheduled in-house and online courses if the minimum demand of four attendees is not met with 1 weeks notice and accordingly, we recommend that all bookings for accommodation, transport and flights are made on a flexible basis.
In-house courses are delivered at our training room facility in Dudley, using the current release version of the MiTek software. MiTek will provide computers, notepads, refreshments and lunch each day during the training. Customers are responsible for travel, accommodation and other expenses.
Each course will begin at 9:00am prompt and end at 5:00p.m. Courses are limited to 16 people to ensure that quality time is spent with each individual. The dress code during training courses is casual.
Online courses will be delivered via the internet using, screen sharing software with verbal communications facilitated through either software or a local rate conference call provider.
Prerequisites: These requirements for each course are there to ensure all attendees arrive with the same minimum level of understanding of the topics being covered, thus allowing the course program to be followed.
Pamir Roof Level Two:
Scope: This is a two-day course for the intermediate to advanced truss designer who currently uses the MiTek Pamir software. The course is designed to increase productivity by covering a deeper range of program functions with particular attention being paid to set-up and advanced tools.
Prerequisites: Minimum of six months’ prior hands on experience using the MiTek Pamir software. Continuous assessment is used in place of a summary test to gauge the attendees’ understanding of the points covered.
- Q& A session – Questions required 1 week prior to course.
- User controls and project setup
- Getting the most out of the user interface
- Understanding and configuring the defaults
- Customising the defaults and template setting to speed up job entry
- Create default templates and fabricators for future projects.
- Drawing and modification tools
- Utilising coordinate options
- Use snap options to speed up building entry
- Create buildings from PDF drawings
- Surface tools.
- Roof insertion and profiling tools and options
- Checking and modifying roof surfaces
- Layout framing tools
- Exploiting automated framing tools and build options
- Layout frame modification and labelling.
- Attic and raised tie framing.
- Review automatic and manual room creation options.
- Creating and managing openings.
- Attic framing and cut attic considerations.
- Frame review, design and loading
- Utilising checking and design options.
- Fixing failures and understanding results.
- Applying layout view and frame view loading.
- Standalone frame entry and frame modification.
- Create and modifying standalone frames.
- Creating abnormal shapes.
- Editing frames for design and production.
- Working with ancillary items
- Utilise bracing and metalwork options
- Review drawing tools
- Creating detailed output
- Configuring layering, drawing templates, borders and notes to customise output
- Using sections and bookmarks to create standard details.
- Using viewports and schedules to enhance presentation.
- Exporting from Pamir
- Generating drawing viewer and 3D output files