Pamir Roof Level Two:
Scope: This is a two-day course for the intermediate to advanced truss designer who currently uses the MiTek Pamir software. The course is designed to increase productivity by covering a deeper range of program functions with particular attention being paid to set-up and advanced tools.
Prerequisites: Minimum of six months’ prior hands on experience using the MiTek Pamir software. Continuous assessment is used in place of a summary test to gauge the attendees’ understanding of the points covered.
- Q& A session – Questions required 1 week prior to course.
- User controls and project setup
- Getting the most out of the user interface
- Understanding and configuring the defaults
- Customising the defaults and template setting to speed up job entry
- Create default templates and fabricators for future projects.
- Drawing and modification tools
- Utilising coordinate options
- Use snap options to speed up building entry
- Create buildings from PDF drawings
- Surface tools.
- Roof insertion and profiling tools and options
- Checking and modifying roof surfaces
- Layout framing tools
- Exploiting automated framing tools and build options
- Layout frame modification and labelling.
- Attic and raised tie framing.
- Review automatic and manual room creation options.
- Creating and managing openings.
- Attic framing and cut attic considerations.
- Frame review, design and loading
- Utilising checking and design options.
- Fixing failures and understanding results.
- Applying layout view and frame view loading.
- Standalone frame entry and frame modification.
- Create and modifying standalone frames.
- Creating abnormal shapes.
- Editing frames for design and production.
- Working with ancillary items
- Utilise bracing and metalwork options
- Review drawing tools
- Creating detailed output
- Configuring layering, drawing templates, borders and notes to customise output
- Using sections and bookmarks to create standard details.
- Using viewports and schedules to enhance presentation.
- Exporting from Pamir
- Generating drawing viewer and 3D output files